Thursday, May 9, 2013

Day 9 - baby procedure

I thought of many blog titles today: "Opposites Attract", "Zombie Jamboree" as well as "Baby Procedure."  Tomorrow maybe none will come to me.

Opposites Attract came to my mind as Robbin had a case of Dehli Belly (all contents gone). He was given Imodium, ate bananas and rice, and is mending slowly as we speak. I, on the other hand, had the opposite problem which finally resolved with my first apple, which was soaked in a cleaning solution and then peeled for me.  I know, I know, too much information!!  But, it's my blog and I'll tell if I want to, tell if I want to, tell if I want to...,

Zombie Jamboree came to my mind as I feel like a zombie most of the time. Very, very, VERY tired. Of course I can't stretch my arms out in front of me.  At first I thought "herx" from the antibiotics (Herxheimer reaction), but then thought about my new baby stem cells. So I asked Dr. Shroff if my fatigue could be from the stem cells and she said "yes, remember when you were first pregnant". Bingo, exactly what I was thinking! And this morning my dear friend Lisa (who is an OB GYN) said the same thing!  I'm also not sleeping well at night yet.  By the way, Zombie Jamboree is a song by an all male a cappella group called Rockapella. Ryan knows, as do a few poor souls from Roche who I dragged to a concert at Montclair State one night.

I thought there was only one type of procedure, but I learned today that there are several. I had a baby one. A piece of cake, really. Abha dressed me in a colorful gown and flowing pants. I was given an ointment on my back at the injection site about 30 mins before, to anesthetize the area. Two gentlemen came with a gurney to wheel me to the 5th floor operating room. Our room is on the first floor. They actually lifted me on to the gurney; thank goodness I'm thin now!  We went up an elevator and the male nurse Ajo (spelling?) was very nice, very comforting.  Everyone here is very nice, a real team. I should know.

Once there, the doctor explained the procedure to me. He said they would use the same size needle as I was use to getting in my arm, which is teeny tiny.  I rolled on my side with their help and he cleaned the area at the bottom off my back.  The injection took maybe 30 seconds, no pain.  Then he told me I needed to lay on my back for an hour in my room. No problemo!!

I thanked them all; said my goodbyes. Ahba was waiting for me outside the room.  She has the biggest heart. Then off we went back to my room, where I was lifted off the gurney, eyes closed like a child. I laid down for an hr listening to some Allman Bros on my iPod.

Once up, I did some hand and arm exercises, had a hand massage to stimulate the nerves and muscles, followed by tongue exercises.

Dinner was good, some kind of chicken with sweet peppers.

OH! Almost forgot. My OT dr said she noticed a slight improvement in my right hand.  I noticed it didn't hurt as much when she pulls and twists.Time will tell.

Hope to sleep tonight!

Good night to all my loyal fans!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment