Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Day 21 - Some minor improvement!

I had some improvement noted in OT - both ofvmy hands and both forearms. Yippie! Very minor, but improvements are going in the right direction.  Wednesday will be 3 weeks since my test dose of humanly only embryonic stem cells. I've been treated twice daily since then.

Today was PT and OT in the am, then a meeting with Geeta in her office at noon. It lasted about 45 mins.  We went over my dietary restrictions and the head of the cafeteria attended to take down my requirements. Breakfast was a problem as I was eating plain yogurt and I had been avoiding all cow products at home.  They were also giving me cruciferous vegetables at lunch and dinner, so now they will switch that too.  Extremely accommodating!!  I need to avoid all sulfur as I have mutations in my CBS pathway.  Juergen, do you know of such things?  Too bad I no longer work for you ;-(.

Then we discussed my medicines and I will get my PICC line on Friday when I am getting my procedure, the 3 day catheter one that requires no showering.  Ajo (OR nurse) will be taking a holiday in South India for 2 weeks to visit his family.  I will miss him.

I told Geeta some new observations: muscle cramping in stomach area and 2 laryngospasms since being in India.  Luckily, Robbin was there for both laryngospasms.  He explained what was happening, so no one needed to interfere.

I also observed that I am no longer growing armpit hair since being in India.  Shaved before I left and not since. Weird, but convenient. Leg hair is growing.  Too much information? Maybe, but tough nuggies.

Robbin has a bad migraine today from having gluten last night. Silly statement, is there a good migraine?  He had 2 pieces if Roti with peanut butter on it.  He took a calculated risk and lost.

Chicken for dinner, boneless- yum.  Watching Shriek, giggling.

Bed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment