Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 7 - cried in OT


I have a good night's sleep, but still woke up exhausted. Had am PT & OT, then rested, then lunch, then afternoon PT and OT.  During OT, I did various tongue and cheek exercises. When we were done with that she said "reach for my hand". I tried but my shoulders are frozen and I have very weak muscles, so I couldn't reach her.  She persisted and I tried, but could not. She said, "Why can't you do it?  Try!"  Duh, I am trying!!  I can't do it cause I can't do it.  I thought all that but didn't say it, instead I cried. ;-(  "She said you are at NuTech now, don't worry".  OK.  I guess.

After that I was double exhausted and came back to the room for my vitamin IV ( 2 1/2 hrs). I layed in bed, eyes closed, and listened to music. Some Fleetwood Mac, some James Taylor, etc.  Adam Sandler came on with both his Thanksgiving and Hanukkah songs and I was laughing away. Then later on I heard Alice's Restaurant and I chuckled some more. I don't remember when I loaded this iPod, but it's been years. Then a few songs from Bela Fleck (very soothing).  Then Abha came in, saw that my eye's were open and decided to rub my legs (very, very soothing). Then she got my lavender body lotion and began rubbing my legs  & feet.  Remember, she was an orphan and Mother Teresa raised her.  It was like a foot massage from the heavens!  Princess Deb.

My PT Dr has a broken guitar string so Robbin told him to bring it in and he'd re-string it.

Had a yummy dinner, some kind of chicken and a side of my favorite Indian eggplant dish (Baingan Bharta). Delicious!!

They told me today I will get "the procedure" on Thursday. Stem cells in my spine, that is.  After that I have to lay still for ~ 4 hours.

Today I had stem cells up my nose, on my tongue, via IV and IM.  I welcome each new group of baby stem cells into my body. Really.  Hokey?  Maybe, but that's who I am.

Here is a picture of Princess, our dog. She is vacationing at Sue Marino's house. Sue & Nick had her groomed. She might want a permanent residency!








2 comments: