Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 18 - went to a real grocery store!

Today is Saturday and I only had am OT at 10:00 & PT at 10:30. No outside patients so the staff leave at noon.  I came back to the room did some emailing and then napped on & off for 2 hrs, overwhelming fatigue was back. On & off napping because there is a pretty constant barrage of people, in & out. Cleaners, doctors, sisters, Rita from the cafeteria delivering food, taking menu orders, the list goes on.  I had my iPod on so I was happy.  I have it on shuffle so I am always surprised.  Heard Leon Russell and Joan Armatrading (2 of my favorites), James Taylor, Rockapella, The Doors and more.

When the princess (me) awoke, I ate lunch and then we all went out to a mall. We went by an air conditioned taxi that was called for us, such service! They packed a wheel chair for me. After about 20 minutes we arrived at DFL Promenade. I impressed all by getting out of the car into a standing position, by myself. Stem cells? PT? Or just a high taxi seat?

Me at the mall front entry - it was kids day - and I'm a big kid.


We roamed the mall looking for a food store which we thought was called "food hall", but were sent to a food court. We saw a Domino's Pizza and a McDonalds (I actually had some fries). My bad!

After roaming around the noisiest mall we've ever been in, we found a security person who led us outside to another mall, down a moving 'flat' escalator type thing to a large grocery store, called Big Bazaar.  Large by Indian standards, but not a Wegmans.  We purchased some spices (chilly powder and garam masala) and some chips, cheese, peanut butter and jelly.  We had fun going up and down the aisles.  It was all new.

Playground between left and center mall - even though it is HOT, there were kids playing


Robbin paid and we ventured back to the original mall (thank goodness Robbin pays attention).  Ahba called the taxi on her mobile and off we went back to NuTech.



No comments:

Post a Comment