Sunday, May 26, 2013

Day 26 - Sunday Snoozing

Today is Sunday and even though I still had the catheter in, I awoke (at 11:00) with zero discomfort.  Yeah!  I had 3 top-offs of baby stem cells today via the catheter. Each time I had to lay flat for 30 mins afterwards. The infusion tires me so I slept on & off.

Another lazy Sunday watching TV and listening to iPod (Bela Fleck, Joan Armatrading, Leon Russell, Cat Stevens, Jim Croce, and more).

Sisters hung out a bit, Esther is especially bright & outgoing.  Marriage material for some lucky man.  Robbin & I both enjoy her perkiness and humor.  All the sisters are always on my side.  Robbin needs some 'brother power.'

They took the catheter out at 7 pm our time. As it was being pulled out I had that same pain in my left leg; definitely a nerve. I had to lay flat, yet again, for 15 mins.  Too bad as dinner had just been served!

Tomorrow morning I will get a PET scan of my stomach area to help determine the cause of my malabsorption issue.  Such things as 'not enough protein' are being discussed. On Friday I had some blood work: total serum protein, CRP (maybe?) & one other. My days at Roche supporting the systems in the clinical pathology lab are long ago!

Tomorrow at 8:30 am someone from the outside will come to take my blood for some other tests.  

I'll keep you posted!


No comments:

Post a Comment