Monday, May 6, 2013

Day 6 - met with Dr. Shroff

Today I got a new schedule. PT in the AM and PM. Also OT for 30 minutes in the AM to work on my arms and hands plus 15 mins in the PM to work on my speech.  (Jeri, my speech pathologist from NJ must be rolling her eyes!)

After my PT, Robbin & I met with Dr. Shroff.  She reviewed my test results, told me I had gallstones (knew that), told me my right breast has a lump (knew that too, they ultra sound it annually), told me my brain MRI was good (amen), my heart was good (double amen), brain SPECT - not so good.  Apparently my brain is not getting enough oxygen.  The brain SPECT shows colors and I have very little of the white, pink and red (good colors), I had grey, green, blue & some black (very bad colors).  She showed us a SPECT (before & after) of a boy with cerebral palsy.  He had major black before treatment and his SPECT was fine after 4 trips to India for stem cell therapy.  She say my emotions are affected (Robbin is thinking "hell, yeah"). She also said my memory is affected ( Javier is thinking "hell, yeah").  My EMG showed nerve damage (she used another word). The only thing she did not review was my pulmonary function test, I'll follow up and get back to you.

She wants to put me on IV Rocephin as well as a cyst buster Flagyl.  She has a concern about Rocephin as I have gallstones.  She has an MD to speak with about this. My gastro MD from NJ said I could be on Rocephin with gallstones as long as I took Udol (spelling?) as that will prevent future gallstones from Rocephin.  So I will be getting a PICC line again-ugh.    OK, enough medicine talk!

One of the OT therapies is to have my hands massaged with cream to stimulate the nerves. I get it done in OT and Abha does the second one --- very relaxing!!  Abha is very caring.

For my afternoon PT, he had me walking today (with my walker), also using a machine for my legs, and another for my arms.

We eat a lot of chicken here. Tonight I had fried chicken ( our chicken cutlets).  For lunch a delicious Indian lamb dish - outstanding!

Back in NJ, our dear friend Kathy is trying to sell our home.  Fingers crossed for multiple bids.

Robbin is still in search of guitar strings for his travel guitar. AND his power supply from his new slim computer failed so he is looking for that too. (Javier, where are you? )

**** BLOG Note:  For some reasons the COMMENTS button is not always there and when it is there comments don't get posted. So, we are sorry about that, just send emails.  Nothing on Facebook please.


Abha massaging my hand.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Deb,
    It's great reading the blog. I feel like I am almost there with you. I'm so glad they are treating you so well.
    xoxox
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue! Good luck with FDA. xo

    ReplyDelete