Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 8 - Woke up feeling awful

Woke up feeling awful, but much better now. Phew!

Woke up tired again, but this time my blood pressure was high.  Never (ever) had that before.  It was high before bed and in the AM.  They even gave me a blood pressure pill last night.   They said maybe it was from the electrolytes I was taking, but I hadn't taken any.  They then realized I had a vitamin IV bag with saline solution (it was a large bag) & that was probably the cause.  Then my brilliant husband (really) suggested that maybe I wasn't drinking enough water! Which meant I wasn't flushing out all that salt from the Sodium Chloride IV bag. Smart man! Later, Dr Shroff told me I should be drinking 3 liters of water per day. I wasn't drinking that much. I skipped going to PT and OT so my PT Dr  came to my room!  Can't get away with anything!!

I slept from 10:15 am until after 2:00 pm (on & off). Drank extra water and bp was more normal, amen.  So they will now give me a different solution with the IV vitamins.  Medical mystery solved (we think).

When Dr. Shroff came to our room she talked to Robbin about SPSS.  They use it here for statistics. Robbin worked there 30 yrs ago programming and then worked with statisticians throughout his career at Roche. He offered to help her (really her Dad) as she wants to publish some of her work!  I told her I was a decent proof reader.  She may take advantage of that too.

Abha had our squeaky door fixed as well as our bathroom door handle, she really takes care of us! We pay her less than $80 per week and she works 11 hrs a day, 6 days / week.   ;-(

Pulmonary function test was good.

xo





2 comments:

  1. I feel like I'm with you reading your blog. Wishing you Good Luck for Thursday's Procedure. All prayers are being sent your way.

    Love, Michele & Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, as you can see it was an easy one. xoxo

    ReplyDelete