Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 17 - I had some energy!

Sorry to be late again. This is Friday's post delivered on Saturday.  I woke up with some energy, not "the old Deb" energy, but some. I did the normal routine, OT & PT am & pm, and went outside for the 5:30 chit chat, but no one showed. I hadn't been out all week, but I think it was too hot.  Abha, a security man (Pajkur?) & I watched people go by in tuk tuks, motor bikes, car and by foot.  I am amazed how all the men wear long sleeve shirts and long pants, even jeans in this heat. After 5:00, a few had shorts on, about 3 out of 50!  Estimation on the fifty, I didn't actually count.

My old boss and dear friend from Bankers Trust days, Rick Kaye, sent me an email, here's an excerpt:
------

Hi Deb,

I've been following your trip on your blog. This morning, I was reading your latest entry when a light bulb went off in my head. It struck me that I had heard something similar before. At my high school reunion in 2006 there was a guy there in a wheelchair. He was a guy I knew in high school but wasn't a close friend and I hadn't spoken to him since graduation. We talked for 5 minutes and then went our separate ways as there were lots of people to catch up with. Then from 2007 through 2009, he posted several messages on our class web site about going to India for stem cell treatments. So, I looked up those old posts and it sure sounded like he went to the same clinic that you are at.

So, I emailed him this morning and he wrote back. Sure enough, it is the same place. He raved about it. I know from his posts that he went at least 3 times. He was very enthusiastic about the treatment he got and cited some other peoples' excellent results.

He also said there's a private web site for alumni of the clinic so perhaps you'll (virtually) run into him in the future.

Hope all is going well. Keep up the blog. It's nice to know how you are doing. 

Rick

-----

Rick, I've been invited to the website, it's a private FB club! I even know some members.


Friday night is movie night (reason, I missed the blog post).  One of the Drs bought in Borat. I hadn't seen it and couldn't stop laughing. Stupid funny. Robbin, on the other hand, left after an hr or less-too much male nudity and stupidity for him.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment