Friday, May 31, 2013

Day 31 - Overwhelming Exhaution


I had a very good night's sleep and woke up feeling rested.  I was given 2 stem cell injections before breakfast - one in each upper arm.

It was only 84 degrees at 9:30am, so Robbin went out for 3 hrs - came back and drank water.  He is always good about taking water with him now.  He had a bit of a headache, so he took some new meds.

I went to PT where I walked without my walker, but Varun was very close behind.  It's not that I can't walk, but I'm scared of falling down, having fell 5-6 times.  Frank - now I regret not coming to your dojo to learn how to fall properly!!

After PT, I had a 15 min break and then OT.  I almost feel asleep in OT!! Overwhelming exhaustion set in.

Back in my room, I did some emails and then slept briefly until lunch arrived.  

After lunch (chicken legs again!) I was told the doctor would change my PICC bandage today in the Operating Theatre. I am going there tomorrow for a procedure, so the manager in me objected. I tried to explain that it was a wasted effort all around.  Three sisters coming to get me on the gurney - bla, bla, bla.  The sister called and rescheduled.

The head of housekeeping/meals, Bani, stopped by.  I had told last night's doctor that I was hungry, so Bani will now provide me with an extra 1/2 portion for lunch & dinner. She offered me a whole extra portion, but that would be too much.  She is pretty with very long hair.

I had my 3 hr vitamin IV and listened to music while dozing on & off.

The chef stopped by. First time!  He asked if I liked the food.  I said "Yes, but the chicken is sometimes tough."  Figured he didnt know. He said he'll order a better cut of meat. Wow!  We shall see.

Dinner, more emails, TV and blogging.

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment