Sunday, June 30, 2013

Day 61 - A Perfect Day!

We were whisked away in an SUV by Ajay, their driver.  He drove very well in the Sunday traffic.  We arrived at the Singh's home around 12:30.  Karan and Hema live with his parents in a beautiful home that they built 10 years ago in Gurgaon.

His mom, Monica, did the interior design and it was beautiful!  She currently works with textiles; various cottons and silks.  She has exhibitions twice a year where she sells her wares.  She advised me to get back to work as soon as I can.  Good advice.

His dad, Daljit, made a tasty homemade drink: ginger, lime, sugar, club soda and a few mint leaves.  It was quite refreshing.

They have the sweetest beagle.  Very cuddly and mellow.  He would fall asleep and then run in his dreams; so cute to watch his legs in motion.

A cute puppa!
We talked the entire afternoon. We told Ryan stories, dog stories and some travel stories.  Robbin showed them some pictures from his tablet of his guitars, one of my quilts, our family and the guitar barn.

Karan played his guitar and sang and then brought out a ukulele and was joined by his dad on the harmonica!  It was wonderful to hear.  So joyous.

Karan playing and singing
Daljit and Karan playing harmonica and uke
Hema served a delicious meal: chicken, potatoes, a yummy bean dish, cauliflower, cucumber and tomato.  Oh and roti!  Yes, I cheated.  They took extra care to make sure my food was cut to size.

AND THEN.... homemade chocolate ice cream made by Karan. Wow!!  I had 2 helpings.  Now I've had a lot of chocolate ice cream in my 55 years as it's the only flavor I really enjoy. And I've had it in the US, Belgium, France, Germany, Scotland and Switzerland, but Karan's was perfect - exquisite.  I wolfed it down!

Can you tell how much I like this ice cream?
We had such a nice time; very relaxing and enjoyable.

As if the above wasn't enough, before we left, Monica offered me a choice of scarves. I chose a multi colored, raw silk one with green, golden yellow, burnt orange, splashes of raspberry and gold trim. Priceless!

Monica and Daljit

A perfect end to a perfect day!


No comments:

Post a Comment