Saturday, June 15, 2013

Day 46 - Super Saturday

On this Saturday afternoon, we had a visit from Karan & his wife.  Robbin was looking for a luthier near Delhi before we came here and found Karan's name on the Internet.  Karan makes guitars as a hobby in his spare time, just like Robbin did.  They began an email friendship.  Robbin inquired about Geeta Shroff's reputation as we were to wire money to her soon.  Karan told Robbin that her reputation was quite good and he knows NuTech as he brought his own mother here for treatment of her MS.  Small world again; all roads lead to NuTech!

They live in Gurgaon which is a very nice suburb (according to Abha) of Dehli, about 40 minutes south west.  They met at work. He is a trainer for corporate team building and she was an event planner.  Both so very nice!  We plan to meet them for dinner one day soon.  :-)

Robbin had to sneak them into the room to meet me!

I had my gut procedure and PICC bandage changed.  Took no time at all.

Today's lunch was lamb keema and black dal. Dinner was lamb biryani and I cheated with a small amount of raita. Both meals were excellent!

So Ryan is in California for a few weeks now and I asked him for pictures as I wanted to see him.  No pictures came of him, but of scenery.  Nice, but I wanted to see him 'in' the scenery.

So like any good mother, I took matters into my own hands!  I secretly emailed Andrew Stromme, his good friend from Swarthmore, who works full time for Google.  Within 1 day, because I'm not Stromme's mother, he sent me the wonderful picture below.  (Got you Ryan, now top that!)


Ryan and Stromme at Google in Mountain View, Ca!

Stromme has spent several Thanksgiving weekends with us in Susquehanna. He is from Minnesota, just like Robbin.  A real nice man!  At the Thanksgiving before graduation he mentioned that Google wasn't interested in him.  I asked him 'why' as I couldn't fathom why they wouldn't be.  "I don't know" was his reply.  Stupid question, I said to myself.  But apparently they came to their senses as he's been at Google since graduation.

Stromme has a famous grandma, Marjorie Johnson!  Check out the link.  http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/marjorie-johnson-part-1/n30960/.

When he came to the farm for the first time, he brought us a signed cookbook of her baked goods.  One evening years later, I was watching Leno and I recognized her from the cookbook.  I was so excited!  Ryan & Robbin were both asleep. She was adorable and quite talkative; Leno had fun with her.  She has been on many times.



A younger Ryan & Stromme working at our kitchen table one summer weekend.

Tonight's TV movies were "Superman: The Quest of Peace" and "Harry Potter: The Prisoner From Azkaban." Both shows allowing me the ability to blog and look up when needed, as I've seen them before.  Always multi-tasking.

Thanks Stromme, I owe you one!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment