Thursday, June 6, 2013

Day 37 - info galore!

We were napping in the afternoon and woke up. Robbin thought is was dark out, but the woven shades are always down to keep the heat out, so I did not know.  Ahba pulled up the blinds and it was dark, unusually so.  It was just starting to rain!  Ahba was so excited as it has been so hot.  Brief thunder and lightening too.

This brought my mind to Ryan.  When he was young, we would run to our 'screened in' front porch in Glen Ridge and excitedly wait as a thunderstorm approached.  Watching and listening with anticipation for the sky to light up and the pending roar; hoping to see that elusive crack of light.  Snacks were always in order.  No TV or toys needed.  Only mother and son for a brief event, now a memory.  I know he remembers too.

Last evening, we spoke with Shawn for 90 minutes as he reviewed my genetic variant report, as well as other lab tests.  He is brilliant, truly.  Horrible at administration; yes, I told him.  I also offered him free service (me) when I get better.  He uncovered many issues and explained how they affect my sleep, peripheral neuropathy and other symptoms.  Hard factual data!  And better yet --- he knows how to fix much of it!!  Some things he isn't sure of and will research.  Now the trick is for us to find his recommendations in India or have them shipped from the US.  As Barbara, my friend since grade school, knows - shipping supplements to India is know easy feat!  Also need Geeta to find time to Skype with Shawn.

Since in India, they've had me on a protein powder. Last night Robbin checked the label while we Skyped and it is made from WHEY.  Damn, I was so careful asking about meds, supplements and food, but I didn't check this label.  In my body, whey is bad causing inflammation.  To make matters worse, I was taking 1 Tbls with water twice daily and two weeks ago I was increased to 2 Tbls thrice daily!

Found out today that I will not have the hand injections weekly, but twice a week for 2 weeks. Crap. ;-(  Next one is tomorrow.  One place is still sore from yesterday.  Dag nabit!!  #%^*+\$&@-/

Tonight, we had another Skype with Shawn to finish my review. 2 1/2 hrs in total.  I took some notes:

I have many nutritional deficiencies from my malabsorption issue. 

I have defects affecting my ability to clear such things as: alcohol, candida, carbohydrates, mold, Lyme, etc.  I need vitamin B5 to clear the pathway in my liver.

My cell membranes are hyper permeable. They are not able to differentiate toxins from nutrients. So keeping nutrients in & toxins out, is an issue.

I have a high amount of lead in my system. Pollution? Cosmetics? Paint?

I'm breaking down oils well, but not vitamins.

My symptoms began in the Fall of 2009 when I began to diet & exercise in the Roche gym before work.  Toxins are stored in fat and as I lost my fat, toxins were released into my body.  This shock to my system triggered something, heavy metals, Lyme or other bacteria, to activate. My immune system was weakened and you know the rest.
I had bronchitis on a business trip and was given Levaquin and maybe Cipro before I left home.  These antibiotics may have caused an issue as they destroy DNA.

More tomorrow. Pooped!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Deb,
    Just testing to see if comments will work. It's great that you are getting all of this information!
    xoxo
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comment came in! Yes it is great info, putting pieces together. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent information, all. And the thunder story made me smile. Oh, those little things from their childhood that are such incredibly precious memories now. The other bazillion hours of routine life happenings fade, but were the vital framework that helped create the people our children became. Thanks, Deb. Beckie

    ReplyDelete