Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day 51 - Thought it was Wednesday today

Guess I kind of missed a day!

Today, I felt better than I had after other catheter procedures; a welcome surprise!


Did my morning PT where Varun had me stand for about 5 minutes and then close my eyes for a few more.  I sway a bit, but not much.  He stands close, just in case.  Been doing this for about a week but I forgot to mention it.

In OT, Swati added some tongue exercises and 1 additional sound now that my OMs are clear.  I also now play with Playdough!  Pinching small bits off with my fingers.  


After that I went to the injection room and received 2 injections in each hand, one IV, one in the back of my neck and one in each cheek. But this time the doctor (Avinash) injected me in the sunken part of my cheeks to which I smiled and said "Botox!"  He laughed.  He gave very nice, painless injections.

With the catheter I have 3 "top offs" of stem cells daily which are administered with a pump.  Takes about 10-15 mins with setup and then I need to lay on my back for 30 more.  Plus 2 IV bags of Augmentum daily because of the catheter.  

Oh and 2 IM injections in my upper arms at some point.

So given my schedule there was little time for much else!

TV - Brave (computer generated animation) and Scandal.  

Saturday we plan to go to the mall after my gut procedure.  I'm looking forward to it; I haven't been out in a while.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment