Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day 32 - Saturday Stuff


Today, I had morning OT at 10:00 & PT at 11:00, they both went over as there are no outside patients on Saturday.  I still have not met the new Lyme patient from the US.  BUT - on a closed FB site for current & ex- patients from NuTech, I meet a woman named Shannon.  She posted a picture of her gym workout, thanking Dr. Geeta Shroff for getting her there. I wrote to her commending her efforts.  She wrote back and after a time asked if I had met her parents, Lola & Eddie.  YES!  I have!!!  Small world, yet again.

Today I had my 1:00 procedure.  Lifted on to the gurney; I am getting use to it - somewhat.

The procedure included the anesthesia injection-30 secs worth.  I watched the clock and then wondered why.  Then, a 5 minute wait.  I closed my eyes, fatigued again.  Dr Nash cleaned the area and then draped a small cloth with an opening over the area of my lower back.  He inserted the injection needle and I felt pressure.  It must have been a long needle as I felt pressure for a while.  Then he injected the stem cells and it was over.  

Next, the men left the room and a sister did the stem cell for my malabsorption issue, very gently.  

Finally, the doctor returned and meticulously cleaned my PICC area and added new dressing.  Very well done.  Cynthia, my NJ PICC nurse, would be proud!

Back to the room at around 1:30, I needed to lay flat for 2 hrs, confirming my theory of a larger needle with more stem cells.  I slept for almost the whole time and awoke starved as I only had breakfast!  Ahba cut my food and warmed it and I gobbled it up.

Afterwards, Ahba sorted the laundry for pickup.  She counts each piece and then recounts it upon its return.  Our laundry is hand washed - whites & colors separately.  It is likely pressed as we have all 100% cotton clothing and there is not a wrinkle to be found. Likely hung dry as there is no shrinkage. It is folded with perfection and returned ~3 days later.  We pay by the piece.

Next, I enjoyed my daily hand and arm massage to stimulate my muscles.  I was on my back and afterwards dozed again awaking close to 7pm.  I ate dinner as Ahba left for her 2 hr bus trip home and her one day off.  Today, she put a cross, blessed by Mother Teresa, in my pillow case.  We agreed I would return it when I left India.

Tonight, I watched "Confessions of a Shopaholic" - I thoroughly enjoyed it. Robbin has been selecting my movies and doing a damn good job!

Tomorrow, I will get a haircut, manicure & pedicure - eyebrows too. Looking forward to it.  I'm sure all the ladies understand. Hopefully, we will go to a mall too - if my energy holds up.

On the Roche front, my best bud - Javier, is now in Basel.  He will be joined by Denise and their 3 young children, mid month.  What an adventure!  Chaotic now, for sure.  I know my Basel friends will watch out for him.  Good luck Jav!  Be true to yourself, that is why they wanted you there.

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment