Saturday, June 8, 2013

Day 39 - Saturday surprises

Today, I was surprised by 3 injections per hand.  But it was much better as I asked for lidocaine which they applied an hour prior and I asked the doctor to pinch the surrounding skin as he injected.  Pain was minimal.  Success!

Afterwards, I had a surprise visit from Lola. They are leaving tonight at 4:30am for a grueling 20 hr trip, including a stopover.  We chatted for a while.  She was being treated as well for 2 ruptured discs. She had pain for years and doctors could do nothing but prescribe meds so she could function. Last year, Geeta had her go for a scan which confirmed her diagnosis. Lola received stem cells for 2 weeks.  Even in that short time she felt improvement!  More time produced no pain.  Amazingly her doctors don't believe it.  She did something to aggravate her back, so she asked Geeta for more.  I told her to get another scan when she returns to India (cheaper here) and bring it to her doctor.  She thought the idea had merit. We giggled.  We promised to stay in touch.


Robbin went shopping and brought home a wonderful assortment of sheep & goat cheeses. Also walnuts, almonds, chips and apple juice.


After a while, Ahba massaged my hands, legs & feet.  Yes, I'm now spoiled. When done, I put on my headphones on and fell into a deep sleep.  I surprised myself.

Dinner was chicken Biryani and I cheated with some raita. Sshh.

TV was Shaolin Soccer (excellent) and Madagascar 3.


Robbin & me.

No comments:

Post a Comment