Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 35 - Tuesday Triumph!

Tuesday yielded some good results.

In my morning PT, Varun had me walking across the floor to my walker. He had his hands gently on my waste, from behind.  I could feel him and that gave me confidence.  After a few steps, his hands were no longer touching.  It was scary but rewarding. I took teeny, tiny baby steps.  

In OT, during my tongue exercises, I asked if I could try to say "Om."  It's really Ooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Normally, my first one is just ok and not always.  It's usually very cracked.  Oo oo oo oo oo oo mm mm mm mm mm.

Well today, after not trying this exercise for 2 or 3 days, I belted it out like an opera singer!  The other OT doctors in the room, stopped to listen.  No one was more surprised than me!  Swati, my OT doctor, said "again."  So I did it again, the same, they were now smiling & applauding.  I did it a total of 6 times, like never before.  We were all amazed.  A good boost, for sure.

I gave blood & urine in preparation for tomorrow's procedure. Very thorough here.

I met the new US Lyme patient today. Tracy is from Boston.

Watched "102 Dalmatians" tonight with Glen Close and now "The Proposal."  Both tickled my fancy.

Melatonin tonight, yah!
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment