Friday, June 14, 2013

Day 45 - Groggy Friday

Still a bit groggy from last night's antihistamine, I was given another this morning.  I took it without asking for one that would not make me groggy; soon after I felt it's affects.  But I did sleep well last night!  

Had 3 hand injections in each hand today after OT.  I was told that my hand injections will be every Monday & Thursday, along with my neck, IV and cheek injections. Very organized and easy to remember.  Saturday, I will have another for my gut and get my PICC dressing changed.

After lunch, I skipped my afternoon PT as I was way too sleepy.  A sister, Kim, set up my multivitamin IV as I dozed off to music.

Laundry was delivered (52 pieces) and the dirties (26 pieces) were sent out.  This includes wash cloths and a few dish towels from home.  The white wash cloths are dingy but other whites are fine; I ponder why.  We'll bleach at home.  Abha sorts, folds and hangs, pairing shorts with matching tops to make mornings run smoother.

I received a package this afternoon with my Liposomal Magnesium & Liposomal Vitamin C.  Thanks Barbara!!  Even though they are over-the-counter supplements, they required a prescription to enter India and be delivered.

Abha still amazes me.  She took in a young girl (maybe 18 or 19) who is physically handicapped and also has some mental issues.  Her name is Cecilla.  She is an orphaned neighbor and wasn't being treated well by some.  Prior to this, Abha was bathing her and providing some food. 

I share my apples and cheeses with Abha.  She loves the sheep feta, like I do!  I gave her some other cheese to eat and she took it home to share.  Her son asked where she got it from as he knew it was expensive.  She told him from me.  He said "How can you take her food, she needs it for her health!"

She is amazed at our small acts of kindness.  She is on the low end of the totem here.  Abha and son's walk far for drinking water; their room is about a mile from where the cars are allowed.  Her life is not easy, but she loves to work and is happy.  We have developed a special bond; can you tell?

TV was "Cowboys & Aliens" - so, so.

Today marks the 1/2 way point of our trip!










No comments:

Post a Comment