Friday, July 12, 2013

Day 73 - An Extended Stay



Today was a heavy IV day; I'm floating away.  Two long ones (3 hours each) and 2 short ones (25 mins). Plus stem cells in both arms, on my tongue and up my nose.

We met with Geeta today.  The stem cells are slowly working.  When some Lyme/ALS patients go home after the first 2-3 month round, they decline as they don't have PT twice a day for 6 days a week or OT, plus no stem cells.  So we decided that I'll have a week off at the end of July and then go for another round.  That will bring us home around mid-Sept.

Before we agreed, we checked with our dear friends to make sure they could continue watching our house, moving our cars, flushing our toilets, mowing our lawn and taking care of Princess.  They said yes!  We have the best friends in the world!!!

So we'll be here about 4 1/2 months in total.

Ben, from Germany, said that in his country they don't get diagnosed with ALS, only Borrelia (Lyme).  There are 3 of us here now with Lyme/ALS, one older lady from Pittsburgh and a thirty something man named Tyson from Connecticut.  He's hysterical.  He has OT at the same time as me and sometimes I can't help but laugh when I'm suppose to put doing some exercise!

Thought for Today

"Be kind whenever possible.  It is always possible."  .... Dalai Lama



No comments:

Post a Comment