Monday, August 19, 2013

PICC Troubles

Didn't do much on the weekend as Robbin had a major headache.  He's pretty sure he ate gluten unknowingly.

It's Monday and I have a procedure at 1:00. the 3 day catheter one.  I'm ready in my gown.  Did my morning OT & PT.

Had procedure but while still in the operating theatre (OT) I complained that my PICC line was hurting around the inner elbow.  It had been hurting since they put it in but I thought it was from the stitch; ugh. The dr removed my bandage, checked the area and flushed it.  Said I had some inflammation.

Back in my room they gave me a dextrose drip and it began hurting more.  When I sat up after 1.5 hrs, my sheets were wet and my arm swollen (majorly) by the inner elbow!  I have to wait til morning to go to the OT.  Crap; I want it OUT!!


My sister-in-law, Louise, is in the hospital unconscious; please say a prayer for her and my brother, Pete.  Thanks.

Enough excitement for 1 day!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment