Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day 13 - Goodbye Germany

Germany was great even though the treatment was hard.  Hotel was five stars for food, comfort, cleanliness & friendliness! Even the patrons were friendly.

Dr. Bieber and her husband, Dr. Milz are truely gems.  They run such a nice praxis (practice).  And their patients were friendly too!  I was with a family during the last week.  The woman was I'll and her husband & twin sister came and had treatments too.  They were from Holland and Brussels, respectively.  They all spoke French, German & English.

I met the Milz's son Michel.  Here's our conversation:
MM hi, how are you?
DPC hi, I'm well.  How are you?
MM I'm well.
DPC How old are you?
MM I'm 11.
DPC you're tall for eleven!
MM My father is tall.  How old are you?
DPC I'm 55.

What a hoot!!  Told his mom, we laughed at his wonderful innocence. 

Dr Bieber explained my tests results which showed 1) antibiotic residue 2) epoxy resins & 3) pesticides ON MY DNA sitting on specific genes!!  She said pesticides take a long time to get rid of.  And it turns out I'm sensitive to pesticides; Ugh, we used to have the outside of our house sprayed for cluster flies.

My cell death is high due to my muscle wasting.

There is a lot more and I will mail to my scientific / MD friends.  This was done in a UK lab & they don't accept samples from the US; too much volume.

We were picked up by a driver at 4:10 for the airport for a 7:55 pm flight.  The highway was clear until the end and then it stopped.  Ugh.  Time passed: 6:00, 6:30, 6:50 we were close. Our driver then called for a wheelchair that she had previously arranged to tell them we were just minutes away. They said someone would meet us; great.  No one was there; she called again- a few minutes, we were told. 7:05, 7:10 another call; any minute. 7:15, she called us- where exactly were we?  Finally around 7:20, both the man with the wheelchair AND the woman on the phone came.  Now, it's a race; again.  Luggage unloaded, me unloaded and we're off!

A special Luftunza line for the handicapped, great.  She took our passports and tapped her keyboard to print our luggage tags and there are no labels in the machine. Tick Tock, Tick Tock..., New labels are installed and they don't print!  Tick Tock.  She goes to the computer next to her and it doesn't print either.  Tick Tock.  She runs like the wind down the row to another computer and comes back with our luggage tags. 7:35 or 7:40!

Now security, special line again for me.  The security officer gave us trouble bringing food on the flight even though I had Dr. Bieber write a note in German that I needed it due to food allergies!  He had to demonstrate his power.  Tick Tock.  Finally approved.  Now quickly through passport control - done.  Now a race to the gate who know we are coming.

Now, normally handicapped people are let on first with moms and babies, but we missed that boat 45 mins ago!  So they were late boarding so we waited until the last passenger boarded; comical, huh?

We got on the plane; do you know they have a narrow wheelchair for the aisles?  

Flight was less than 7 hrs
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment