Monday, August 12, 2013

Back in India

So we got back to NuTech at about 8:30 am on Saturday morning, exhausted since neither one of us slept for more than an hour.  Ahba didn't show up as she thought we were arriving Sat night, not morning.

Robbin unpacked 2 bags after we napped.  It's a culture shock, food wise, from Germany!  Luckily, Robbin bought 2 loaves of gluten-free bread from the bakery in Germany.  The best go bread we've ever had.

Everyone was very welcoming and inquisitive about Germany.  I think most of them thought it was a vacation. I tried to explain "detox."

On Sunday, Ahba came after church and unpacked 2 bags and organized things with me.  It was great to see her!

Today, Monday, I went to PT & OT.  I felt weak so I only lifted 4 kgs with my legs and didn't walk without the walker.  Hard enough to walk with it right now.  In OT, I cried, which they don't like.  I couldn't get my point across (same old story.)

I got a new PICC line today.  The DR said it would be good in America, but I never saw ends like this before-2 of them.  He gave me an injection to numb the forth-coming pain and the vein disappeared! So he spent time trying to make it pop out.  Tick Tock.  Then it was done and he numbed me some more and gave me 2 stitches! Ugh.  Not like Morristown Memorial in NJ!

New meds from Dr. Bieber and new directions on some old meds.

Hugs to all and thanks for all the support!
xo

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are settled in one place for a while again, Deb. You will get your strength built up! Best to Both, Beckie

    ReplyDelete