Thursday, August 15, 2013

Abha's Birthday!

I've decided not to post daily as there is really nothing new and my ass is dragging.  But I'm ok!  I'll post when there's something note worthy.  Like today is Independence Day in India.  Big holiday, no buses run!  Can you imagine?

Today is also Abha's 40th birthday.  Sue made a great sign & Robbin laminated it.  We gave her a leather wallet from Germany.  She really liked it; showing it to all the sisters. Robbin wrapped it with perfection, bow and all! And he bought some munchkins from Dunkin Donuts for her.


Only a skeleton staff today due to the holiday. At 11:00, there was a flag ceremony out in front of NuTech. Music was blaring! Then a national anthem was played and they all joined in. Geeta's mom did the honors and flower confetti fell from the flag as it unraveled.  Then she made a short speech.  It was her birthday too!


There was no kitchen staff for lunch or dinner so they ordered take-out for us.  Abha had a Dominos pizza with seriously red hot chili peppers!  She didn't like the peppers so we gobbled them up & put them in our Dosas; yum!


Thought for the Day


We can't do great things in this life . . . 
We can only do small things with great love. 
-- Mother Theresa





2 comments:

  1. My sweet Debbie, I have had no idea what you have been going through. I just found out from Peter because he Emailed me about Louise.My heart is breaking for both of you. You are so courageous to go through all this. I love you so much! I will be following your blog and praying for you. You don't deserve this. Here I am feeling sorry for myself because I will probably need knee replacements in the near future,and you are being so brave and optimistic, but that's you. We all love you! Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marion! love you too. xo

    ReplyDelete