Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Saturday Open House

I've gotten so many emails that offer help.

I wonder if there are any NJ or NYC people coming?  If yes, then send me an email.  I'm looking for someone to make a bagel run.  I used to see the lenders bagels come into the house so after I dropped Deb at the doctors, I'd make a quick run to a bagel store, if I could find one in the time she had an appointment.

There is no bagel like the ones I used to get from Hot Bagels Abroad or any number of other similar establishments.  Let me know if you 1) can bring up a couple of bags, 2) give me the phone number so I can order a bag or two of our favorites.

I think there can be no more appropriate table spread than one that includes bagels.

Thanks in advance,
RC

PS, At a new years day party once, Deb put a 2 inch schmear on her bagel taking the last of the cream cheese.  I poked her and told her to leave some for the rest of us.  Without 2 inches, it isn't a bagel, don't worry, Cathy will have more, she says.  Sure enough, 2 minutes later Cathy Clark came in with another 12" brick and put it out.  I was still wet behind the ears.  I never did learn all the ins and outs of NY etiquette.

Try this experiment in NYC:  At the deli counter, tell them you want a buttered bagel.  You get a hot bagel with a 2" slab of butter melting on your hand.  I was a butter boy in a cream cheese land.

6 comments:

  1. One of Deb's favorite combos (as a younger person, anyway) was a bagel with bacon )and, of course, lots of cream cheese). I'll have one in a few minutes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robbin and Ryan,
    I'd like to send something or give to a charity of your choice in Deb's name. What is your address and/or the name of a charity? (I can't get the website you gave to work.) You can email me at jhafitz@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We posted on Facebook, but just in case, wanted to share that we will have a short ceremony in Deb's honor at 3pm on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I (her brother Peter) will joining Diana and a few cousins for a Shiva via FaceTime on Saturday afternoon. Again, my love goes out to the men in Deb's life - Robbin & Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot Bagels Abroad bagels coming. 2" cream cheese? Ha! I remember how much Parmesan cheese she put on pasta. A huge snowfall of cheese on a bit of pasta. I bought a table cheese grater because of that. And I can never sprinkle Parmesan cheese on my pasta without thinking of Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To clarify, we will video via Facebook Live from Deb's page so everyone can be included. If you are logged into Facebook, you should get notified when we start at 3pm. Love to all.

    ReplyDelete