Sunday, January 29, 2017

Open House

Yesterday was very good.  I wish we lived closer to most of you.  One poor soul started but got caught in snow.

It went by in a flash.  I thought my memory was impeccable, but try as I might, I can't recall many of the conversations I had.  It snowed and I plowed and sanded twice.  Once in jeans and once all dolled up.  To explain the procedure would have taken twice as long than to simply do it.  Not that I didn't have capable helpers, but I don't know the names for all the levers and didn't know how to tell them how to let the sand at the right rate.  I just know what the levers do, not what they are called, I'm left/right challenged - I'm 90% wrong when telling someone which hand to use.  

Today Jenny, Ryan and I had breakfast in town, went to a movie house in Scranton and tried to have lunch out, but we had our sights on Thai food and our choice of restaurant was closed.  I think we were tapped out.  We picked up some a few grocery things (not that I won't be eating all the food everybody brought, but milk and Cheerios were needed) and we went home.  

We split up for some quiet time and tonight we'll watch a movie or something.  They go back tomorrow.

Seeing people did me good.  Deb's relatives, our neighbors and town folk and an 2 old friends I haven't seen since they visited my at hospital in NY 11 years ago (surgery was 100% successful).  Deb got an earful on the way home, as I was looking pretty ragged and still dopey and in no way wanted visitors.  It rolled off her back like water off a duck knowing that it probably did me good.

One last thing:  The candle Aunt DeeDee lit yesterday is still burning.  I hope I wasn't supposed to break it with my foot and shout Mazel tov 💘like we did at the wedding.

1 comment:

  1. Rest assured, it will seem that Deb is taking care of things for a while. You run on autopilot and barely remember what you had for lunch two hours after eating. I am sure it was Howard that kept the barrel of racing fuel from exploding even though it was a few feet from the shed that blew up in the storm. Keep talking to her and she will stay with you and continue to take care to take care of you until you are ready to stand on your own.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete