Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The Adventure continues in Mexico

Hi, RC here.  Deb's without WIFI for the moment and asked if I wouldn't let that be known.

For the last week, she's been preparing.  She's been making lists and ensuring she's got the her stuff ready, so the last week was spent making piles prior to deciding on what luggage she needed to fill.  When I say SHE, I mean Team Deb, Deb is the manager and her team was doing the actual packing.

The night before she retired at 8 pm, 2 hours early.  Lisa, a TD member, came at just in time to help her get ready for bed.  Then she slept over in Ryan's old bedroom, if slept is what you call going to bed at 9 and getting up at 2 (I don't know the actual time, I was asleep).  She got Deb up and dressed, hair combed and teeth brushed so they could leave at 3.  Again, the timing may differ from my estimates.  Then 2 more TDs arrived, Tina and Lori, and off the 4 off them went to Newark Liberty airport.  They didn't ask for a bungy cord, so they must have fit their luggage in the back of the Honda.

I got up a bit late and in my bathrobe I came down to let Princess (the dog) out and have some cereal.  Before I was done, Lisa was back, it was about 8:30 or 9, I wasn't wearing my watch yet.  Being retired means I'm not going by the clock anymore, so don't hold me to any of these time estimates.

I got an email from New Orleans saying Deb already had a string of beads.  I've heard you have to show some skin to get beads.  How did she get them???  We'll hear the story when she gets online.  Today I got a phone call saying that they are well situated in a very nice house, safe and sound.  The only problem is their lack of WIFI, which they are working on.

I've attached a photo of Deb, Tina, Lori and Amy.  Amy's doing the IV, Tina's getting her feet right and Lori's running the IPad for her.  Deb still had bandwidth to give me a dirty look for taking the candid shot.  I can tell you that were it possible, we'd have two or three more people around because she could keep them all hopping.  This is a relaxed part of the day, as any TD member can attest, although don't think I'm saying Deb is a slave driver, she isn't.


I hope this is my last entry (but I don't mind a bit), because I'm doing boring things like golfing and mowing so telling you stuff I do would put you to sleep.  I've been working on a micro service architecture version of my home monitoring software, so when I'm done with the chores, I work on it.  Boring, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment