Monday, September 2, 2013

One week to go!

On Fri the doctor put the catheter higher up in my spinal chord and when he injected stem sells I could feel them in my left thigh!  It was like a shower inside my leg!!  Never happened before.  After the procedure, I had to lay down for a bit and when I sat up I had a major pain in my left hip; I saw stars!!  So I cried (what else is new?) and laid back down.

So a junior dr was called & told me not to worry its very common as its inflammation.  Inflammation my ass!  He prescribed a pain killer, twice. I typed on my iPad" I think the catheter is hitting a nerve!"  "Oh no, no, don't worry."  After an hr and trying to sit up again I called for another dr.  It's structured here that everything gets told to 1 of 2 senior doctors.  So when the senior dr came (the one who did the procedure) he said maybe the catheter is pressing against a nerve. So he put on sterile gloves & removed the bandage and pulled it out a tiny bit; I moaned because he was touching a nerve and then it was fine.  No more pain.  

Saturday nothing much happened but Sunday, Robbin & I went to the mall.  We went to a GNC to return something I purchased. They said we could only exchange it, but that's not what we were told when we bought it! The guy called his superior who said no also. This was all in Hindi so we don't really know what the conversation was.  The guy proceeded to take other customers but Robbin didn't budge.  Robbin finally spoke to someone on the phone (owner?) and said if we don't get our money back he would call Visa and have them deduct the amount AND take the product home, explaining that they would end up with nothing! The line went dead.  More waiting, more conversations in Hindi via phone and then they asked if he could come back tomorrow.  NO, duh!  So Robbin got the full refund in cash!  (Which we proceeded to spend).

Next came lunch at Nando's, yummy.  Had enough to take back for another meal. Then a bit of shopping and then Food Hall for sheep & goat cheeses!  Enough to bring some on the air plane!

Monday was the norm with PT & OT and then 3 injections in each hand, 1 in the neck, 1 in each cheek and an intravenous one.  Plus 1 IM in each arm once back in the room.

One week and we'll be home --- eating beef!! :-)
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment