Thursday, September 5, 2013

Hey Deb, How ya doing?

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! Robbin took Abha with him to shop & I got some really nice Indian outfits! In the evening, we Skyped with Ryan and that was really, really great!  Robbin went out and bought Indian pastries-about 100 of them and we gave them out.  They were a big hit. He went out for more!  Then Geeta had them bring me a chocolate cake with chocolate icing! How did she know that's my favorite??

So many people are asking what's improved, how I'm feeling, etc.  Here's the official update.

I've felt a bit better the past few days. I've had trouble sleeping so they gave me something, even though I'm on 6 mg of Melatonin and Tradozone.  According to my practitioner, Shawn Bean, based on my genes & my neurotransmitter report, he said "my sleep is horrendous & at night time my mind races." It's true and I never told him! 

I'm stronger in certain fingers and my wrists, but maybe 20% functional overall.  I still can't lift my arm & that's frustrating for me. I can just about get the electric toothbrush to my mouth. My legs are lifting more weights now at 5 kgs (11 lbs) both forward & backwards with a better range of motion. My balance is a bit off so walking has its moments; I tend to lean forward.  Yesterday, I walked without the walker for the first time since Germany; yeah! And emotionally I'm better, not crying.  My speech is still garbled but my OMs, etc are better for the past 3 days.   So I think my 5 week decline was related to the intense detox and sleep.

Embryonic stem cells take a long time. Think of a new born out of the womb, no muscle control for many, many months, and they are so tiny. The cells I received the first 2 weeks at NuTech are now 4 months old.  As nerves grow the muscles need to relearn movements.  So it will take a long time.  

My doctors now think more detox is in order so I think I'm on the right track. They think the recirculating toxins caused my inability to recover. My cell membranes are damaged & aren't functioning.  This was an assumption made by Shawn as his lab work showed my body not containing the supplements I'd been taking for many months! And then proven with lab work sent from Germany to a specialized lab in the UK. I'm still amazed that they can tell all this! Unfortunately, no such lab in the US.  

Theory: my illness started when I took Cipro & Levaquin '04-'06 & in '08, respectively.  (Jav, Frank -beware!) These antibiotics are in a class called Fluoroquinolo.  Shawn believes this is the suspected catalyst. They damage DNA and with this class of antibiotics "bacteria can enter a physiological state in which the antibiotics do not affect them. This phenomenon, referred to as persistence, is different from resistance because there is no genetic modification and because it is transient.  The presence of persister cells in bacterial biofilms contributes to the difficulty in treating biofilm-related infections."; like LYME!!!!  Then I lost 50 lbs by diet and exercise and in doing so 'shocked my body'.  Toxins are stored in fat and when I lost weight the toxins flooded my body and likely triggered dormant Lyme. 

Are you all amazed? I am!

Sibylla, another one of my practitioners, once said when the pieces of my illness puzzle start coming together, true healing can occur.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Deb - we are thinking of you always!!! Glad to hear of the progress you are making. Hang in there....Modern technology is amazing, just a shame you have to be so far away. I bet you can't wait to get back to the states!!! Give each other a hug for us.

    Love always, Barb and Marc

    ReplyDelete