Friday, February 24, 2017

Robbin's status

Why have I not been writing?  Some days I've got the blues and some days I feel fine.

Lately I've been busy.

2 weeks ago I drove to Annapolis bought a Bridgeport mill and stayed overnight at Deb's friend Susan's apartment.  We had a very pleasant evening.

Last Thursday I had dinner with Deb's work pals.  That was good.  Earlier I had lunch with Joe Del Duca and that was good.

Last Saturday I drove to Boston to stay with my college pals.  On Tuesday I stopped by Great Barrington for a few minutes to check in with Cathy Clark.  Both good.

On Wednesday I had dinner with the New Milford Men's club.  Accidentally I arrived an hour late and missed the majority of the socializing but did meet them and had a nice dinner.

Last night Pat and MaryBeth invited me to dinner, but Pat is suffering from childhood bugs.  They take care of their grand kids.  I didn't want to catch even one bug so I took a rain check.

On eves of each of these activities, I had serious reservations about even going.  Same in the morning.  But... each time I was fine.  Better than fine, I had a good time.  Even the fellow who sold me the mill is a good guy and went over and beyond to help me get it loaded.  It weighs a ton, literally.

I hope this stinking thinking abates.  Its hard.

Tomorrow I'm emptying the trailer (with help) and putting the mill together.  It and my truck have been parked by the  workshop for going on 2 weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment